Discover the magic of avocados with Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s special masterclass “Avocado ki Paathshala”! These delightful avocado based recipes are perfect and easy to make. “Avocado ki Paathshala”, is part of a consumer education campaign launched by the World Avocado Organization in India.
World Avocado Organisation
1½ tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seed
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
Salt to taste
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp chaat masala + for sprinkling
Assorted lettuce leaves as required
1 medium onion, sliced
1 small carrot, peeled, and cut into thin strips
1 small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
Baked chips to serve
Avocado Roti Roll
1.To make the chutney, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and let them change colour. Add tomatoes and sauté well. Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, sugar, and chaat masala and mix well. Cook till soft and pulpy.
2. Add ¼ cup water, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and transfer in a bowl. Allow to cool completely.
3. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, cut into quarters, peel, and thinly slice each quarter of the avocados.
4. Place the roti on a worktop, apply a portion of the chutney and spread it evenly. Arrange a few lettuce leaves on it, add some sliced onion, some carrot strips, red capsicum strips, and sprinkle some chaat masala. Arrange a few avocado slices, and sprinkle some chaat masala.
5. Tightly roll the roti. Wrap the roll in parchment paper. Diagonally cut it in half and arrange on a serving plate.
6. Serve with baked chips.
1 cup puffed rice (kurmura)
1 small tomato, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small sweet potato, boiled, peeled
and cut into small cubes
Black salt to taste
2 green chillies chopped
3/4 tsp chaat masala
½ lemon, cut into half
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup roasted peanut
2 tbsp nylon sev
8-10 nachos + for garnish
Avocado slice for garnish
Fresh coriander springs for garnish
1. Take puffed rice in large bowl, add tomato, onion, sweet potato, green chillies, chaat masala and black salt.
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, make small criss cross on the flesh and scoop it out with the help of a spoon and add into the puffed rice mixture.
3. Add coriander leaves, roasted peanut, sev, crush the nachos and into a bowl. Mix till everything is well combined.
4. Transfer into a serve paper cones, garnish with avocado slice, nachos and coriander spring.
5. Serve immediately.
About the World Avocado Organization
The World Avocado Organization is a non-profit organisation founded in 2016 whose members are avocado growers, exporters and importers from around the world – including the top four grower supplier countries to the EU and UK. The World Avocado Organization promotes the consumption of avocados based on their nutritional value and recognised health benefits. It also shares information and insights on avocado production, supply chains and sustainability with the public.
For further information, please visit: avocadofruitoflife.com.